Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hobby Progress: Tau (WIPs)

Hello all, another hobby progress update. All I did since the last update was work on some armor decals for two of my Crisis Suits, Shas'vre Fire Knife and a Shas'ui Death Rain Suit. I also have my Sniper Drone Spotter, whose paint job is one of my favorites!

I followed the same procedure for the main carapace on this "Burna" Crisis Suit as I did on my commander. I based it with a 9:1 ratio of Black to Forest-like green wash. The next few layers worked towards a more 6:4 ratio of the two colors, then I stippled on just the Forest-like green as a base for the camo. I then stippled on combinations of a bright green mixed 1(Birght Green) : 4 (Forest) and worked towards just solid Bright green, which came of as a highlight of sorts. Its really just a bunch of stippling. 
I named him Shas'ui Fi'rios Guan, just for fun
This guy is my favorite model. I worked for days on him, and though it may not look so great on the photo (and not to brag too much), it really does look good in reality. I went through so many shades and steps that it is too much to write down here how I conjured him up - couple that with my poor ability to explain my paint processes, it would be a disaster to try to put the method used for him in words. 
Progress is slow, but I want every model to have a high level of detail and character, and like the guys above, I believe I can achieve that. I get a lot of help from my friends at Royal Oaks Gaming Club with painting and modeling advice and encouragement. They have a great site, you should really check it out. Thanks to them and you, and Happy Wargaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment